The Australia Day Council of the Northern Territory is a community based not-for-profit incorporated body. Established in 1986 we have been working with Northern Territory communities for thirty four years.
While closely aligned to the Northern Territory Government and National Australia Day Council as well as other Australia Day Councils in other states and Territories we operate as an independent body responsible for our own management, events and activities, finance and governance.
The objects of the Australia Day Council NT are to work with and for the people of the Northern Territory to:
(a) unite through reflection, celebration and inclusiveness;
(b) foster and recognise excellence and service within the communities of the Northern Territory;
(c) embrace cultural diversity and promote Australia Day with respect and integrity,
(d) facilitate productive relationships across the Northern Territory; and
(e) ensure the sustainability of the Association.
We are governed by a Board of Directors. Board vacancies are advertised publicly with members and the Chairman being appointed by the Chief Minister. All Board positions are honorary and members are volunteers.
- Patron: Her Honour The Honourable Vicki O'Halloran AM , Administrator of the Northern Territory
- President: The Honourable Michael Gunner MLA, Chief Minister of the Northern Territory
- Chairman & Public Officer: Nigel Browne
- Vice Chairman: Edwin Joseph
- Treasurer: Robert Annis-Brown
- Board Members: David Taylor, Shipra Soni, Nathan Fanning, Malia Ford, Katherine Li , Gail Barker & Catherine Satour.
Executive Director: Anna McDonald
Administration Officer: Karen Hetherington
Level 2, NAB Building, 71 Smith Street, Darwin NT 0800
Postal Address: GPO Box 1934 Darwin NT 0801
Phone: 08 8989 5290
Sign up to our newsetter to stay up to date with all of our news.
For historical copies of the above documents, please contact the office.